Grower-Shipper Association Foundation Announces AgKnowledge Class VIII
The Grower-Shipper Association Foundation has accepted 23 fellows to the annual AgKnowledge leadership program based in Salinas, Calif.
They’ll participate in a nine-month program on the heritage of Monterey County, Calif., agriculture and its ties with local government and the community.
Courses focus on issues including food safety, labor and immigration, technology, marketing, conservation and water. From March to November, the fellows will spend 10 Fridays attending forums; visiting farms and processing facilities; and meeting industry leaders, according to a news release.
It’s sponsored by the Grower-Shipper Association of Central California and the Monterey County agricultural commissioner’s office. This is the eighth class.
AgKnowledge Class VIII fellows include:
- Joyce Aldrich, Executive Director, Workforce Investment Board, County of Monterey
- Jesse Avila, Deputy County Counsel, County of Monterey
- Katharine Ball, Digital Editor, Salinas Californian
- Priscilla Barba, Board Aide, Supervisor Simon Salinas, County of Monterey
- Janet Barnes, Board of Education, Trustee, District 4
- Pete Delgado, President/CEO, Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
- Mark Dias, Supervising Environmental Health Specialist, County of Monterey
- Veronica Diaz, Political Coordinator, Teamsters Joint Council 7
- Irma Gomez, Assistant Director of Customer Service, Markon Cooperative
- Linda Gonzalez, District Director, Office of Assembly Member Luis A. Alejo
- Grey Hayes, Director Coastal Training Program, Elkhorn Slough Foundation
- Shimat Joseph, IPM Advisor, University of California Cooperative Extension
- Shyam Kamath, Dean, School of Business, California State University, Monterey Bay
- Philip Molnar, Reporter, Monterey Herald
- Edward Moreno, Heath Officer, Health Department, County of Monterey
- Martina Nino, Manager, Hayashi & Wayland
- Ignacio Ornelas, Special Assistant, Stanford University
- Susan Pheasant, Director, Ag, Business & Technology Institute, Hartnell College
- Cammie Ramsey, Marketing Assistant, Mann Packing Company
- Sierra Ryan, Researcher & Program Coordinator, Central Coast Wetlands Group
- Karen Stahlman, Chief Deputy Agricultural Commissioner, County of Monterey
- Brian Turlington, New Executive Director, Monterey County Business Council
- Steve Wotherspoon, Senior Vice President Relationship Manager, Pinnacle Bank